Monday, January 23, 2012

Love me some President Bush!

I promised a post to my sisters DAYS ago and I'm just now getting around to it...my apologies.
After orientation for school on Friday I felt half dead and then we spent the whole weekend making sure we had fun before there was no more weekend left to be had.

Maybe I'll post about school/orientation later, but right now (as it's the first day of school) I don't really want to think about it---but I am SO thankful that I am able to go!

SO! On Saturday Mr. Husband took me to the Aviation Museum that is on one of the smaller islands around here and we got to see some pretty cool air planes and watched a very educational (but interesting) video about Pearl Harbor. It was difficult for me not to cry while watching the video and reading about all the people who were killed or later gave their lives for our country. What bravery! What honor!

The most exciting part of the trip, for me, was due to the fact that Mr. Husband pointed some things out for me:
First of all, I was excited because THIS plane was flown by none other than President George H.W. Bush AND right behind it they had one of the log books for the plane that HE himself had written in. So awesome!

THEN Mr. Husband pointed out that this next plane was the same type that President George W. Bush had flown...it was like the day of Bush's, I tell ya!
So yeah, that was really awesome, I thought!
Also, here we are with a Flying Tiger (and I just noticed that between the two of us we're wearing Red, White, and Blue AND camouflage)!

Here is Mr. Husband making an ugly face because he thinks this airplane is so ugly:

AND if that's not all patriotic enough for you here's a picture of me and my Forecaster from after chapel yesterday:


So yeah. That was our weekend and now it's time to get to work....er, school...

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment