Sunday, January 20, 2013

Jeeps & Zoos

As I mentioned before, Mr. Husband's parents are coming to visit us again soon and this will be the first time they've been back since we got our Jeep. It's a little on the high side so we decided to order steps to make getting in and out easier (this is also nice for me as I have to do a little hop to get in at this point).
We ordered the steps and they came in on Thursday. Friday after Mr. Husband got home from work we picked them up and installed them ourselves. I'm glad we did it ourselves because it saved us some money, but I'm not gonna lie...it was kind of a pain.
But we got it done--here are some before and after pics:

Before:


After:




Friday we woke up early, got some Starbucks (yay for gift cards), and headed out to the Zoo. I think we were kind of skeptical as we have been to the Aquarium here and it's pretty po-dunk. But we were both pleasantly surprised, I think.
Here are a few highlights of the day:

 The Lemurs were all sleeping when we got there--Mr. Husband said, "They must not like to move it move it..."


These "elphants" (as my nephew likes to call them) were out and about and I love the mountains behind them



Giraffes!


This guy reminded me of my nephews...carrots are a delicious snack!

I got pretty sunburned doing all that and was completely exhausted when we got home. I took a nap, hung out with a friend for a couple of hours, woke up for chapel and felt like I'd been hit by a freight train. Not sure what's ailing me but I feel lousy! I stayed home from church and tried my best to rest.....school starts this week and the last thing I need is some kind of virus. Yuck!
Anyway, that was my weekend....I'm sure I'll be back:)

4 comments:

  1. Hahah this whole post has the brother all over it! Love the carrots and porcupine!
    I've got to get out there and ride in your Jeep! Love the steps. Good on ya for installing them yourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. also, boo for feeling sick again. Praying you feel better asap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I'm Emily! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog!

    ewalsh874{at}gmail{dot}com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please feel free to ask any questions here in the comments.
      Thanks!

      Delete