Friday, December 23, 2011

Mothers & Mothers-in-Law

I'm pretty sure my sister, R, and I hit the jackpot as far as mothers-in-law go!
Mine, happens to be one of the sweetest people I know; and not just because she's always sending me awesome packages. BUT I have to say, one of her Christmas gifts to me was this:
She got me a crockpot...actually, she sent me money to buy myself a crockpot. But she gave specific instructions to get one:) It's beautiful, isn't it? Also, this will be SUPER helpful for when I start school!

Oh, speaking of school. My transcripts have FINALLY been reviewed (after a very "bless your heart" kind of email) and I have a new appointment to go see an advisor. I'm hoping they'll just tell me what to take and let me be on my way. Also, I scheduled this one for the afternoon--hopefully Mr. Husband can drop me off and I won't have to pay parking...

When we were little/growing up my mom would always make cinnamon rolls as Christmas gifts--I have really good memories of helping her (and sometimes just being in the way) while she made them so I feel as though I should carry on the tradition...plus, who doesn't like cinnamon rolls? I whipped up a bunch yesterday and gave them to neighbors and friends...here is the finished product because I forgot to take pictures of baking them. I was in the zone.


So there you go:)
I love baking. Have I mentioned that? I'm making cookies tomorrow for the Christmas Luncheon at chapel on Sunday.

1 comment: