Friday, December 16, 2011

It's Beginning to Look A Lot...

Like...Christmas?
Sort of.

Even though I grew up in a mild climate it's still weird that it's not cold here at Christmas...it's mostly been rainy! But, we've been doing some Christmasy things as of late:
Sunday we were to the point in our lessons where Adam and Eve ate the fruit and their "eyes were opened". I wanted to make sure the kids understood how they were embarrassed and hid from God because they didn't have clothes. I also wanted to make sure I didn't have to explain too too much about nakedness; thus, the birth of cookie decorating in Sunday School:




Each kid got a cookie person to decorate (put clothes on) and we talked about how God had to kill animals to put clothes on them...see the blonde boy in the 3rd picture? After I told everyone not to, he stuck a tube of icing right in his mouth and sucked it down. I guess that was just too tempting. We threw that one away...

For the first time in. my. life. there's a Christmas tree in my house. And I helped decorate it. Actually, it took me, Mr. Husband AND our friend, Mr. K, to put it together and it actually was a lot of fun...


 What's Christmas, though without the Lord...I made that...can you tell? :-P

So yeah...that's about the extent of our Christmas decorations...at this point. I really would like to get a nativity set, but I haven't found one that like...yet...

I did find these bowls at Ross the other week and I LOVE them!


Oh, also, we have a new addition to the family. Also, also, right before I started to tell you what his name is I realized he's carrying on the letter family tradition...
This,
is Bork. He lives in a gallon sized mason jar on my kitchen counter and I feel bad every time I cook fish in front of him. Also, I didn't realize why Mr. Husband wanted  to name our fish "Bork" until he showed me this...hilarious!


In other news, my school stuff is still giving me problems but I trust that the Lord will work all of that out...if He wants me in school I'll be there!

Happy Weekend y'alllll!

1 comment: