Wednesday, January 9, 2013

"Where Have You Been?" You may ask...

We decided to join the circus...do you like our tent?

Getting rid of termites...yuck!

Not really. But our tented house is proof enough that 2012 was a pretty busy year for us.
I'm writing now because after a long couple of weeks of dog sitting (IN MY OWN HOUSE) I slept in too late and now I can't seem to get my brain to shut down--no matter that it's nearly midnight and my husband will be up in a few hours...eek!

My lack of posting is inexcusable; however, the last year flew by without warning and as I look back I realize that I have done more traveling and seen more people than I probably have in my life all together to this point. Crazy!

The most life changing things can probably be broken down into a bulleted list...

Let's see, we...
  • Gained a niece and a nephew AND a sister-in-law (not that I did any work for those three wonderful new people in my life).
  • Had two sets of visitors. Mr. Husband's parents and my best friend, Miss E, came to see us and we had a delightful time showing them around this little island of ours.
  • Had our car break down twice, the last time for good, and then purchased a Little Red Jeep.
  • Visited the mainland TWICE! (Almost 5,000 miles each way!) Once for me to see my family and for us both to go to camp and a second time to spend Thanksgiving with Mr. Husband's entire family (so much fun!). 
  • Celebrated our First Anniversary.
  • Went to the Air Force Ball---I loved getting all dressed up with Mr. Husband! He even danced with me!
  • Finished off two more semesters of university (I think this is where I saw most of the people...about 70 million people ride the bus here each year and I get to be one of them...)
  • Directed the Christmas Play at our chapel 
  • Found out that I never ever  EVER want a yellow lab...not ever. Dog sitting for two weeks in my own house was probably the worst idea ever. 
  • Ended the year by having a New Years Party for two (he had to work both days) and went to bed early.
I would say we got our money's worth out of 2012...now it's 2013 and I have a feeling it's going to be just as exciting!
The visitors are already lining up (Mr. Husband's parents are coming back in a couple of months and I can't wait!), my last year of school starts in two weeks, my best friend in Hawaii is due to have a baby coming up soon, we will find out this year where we will be stationed next, and I'm still married to most kind hearted, easiest to love, man I have ever met!

I'm so excited to see what the Lord has for us next!

 I can't promise that I'll keep up with my posting but check back every now and then and I'll see if I can surprise you:)

For now, goodnight!


No comments:

Post a Comment