Thursday, May 31, 2012

Copy Cat

Since I am out of school I have had time to focus on cooking really yummy stuff. Of course, my main source for new recipes has become Pinterest, where there are too many delicious things to count, so they are copy cat recipes but recipes none-the-less! Here are a couple I have tried recently that were sooo good.
Seriously delicious!

After making this, though. I decided it would be healthier to just sautee the beef and then let it simmer a little longer in the sauce to make it tender....frying is so good but so bad!
Mr. Husband LOVES Buffalo Wild Wings (and so do I) but one, it's a little pricey and two, I'm pretty sure they don't bake their wings...
Mr. Husband's favorite sauce is the:

Mango Habanero

  • 2 cups Mango Nectar (found in your local grocery store)
  • Any habenero hot sauce.  I recommend El Yucatan.  The amount is up to you, depending on how spicy you like your wings.
  • 1 Tbsp corn syrup. (sugar works too)
  • 1/3 cup melted butter
    bw3
I used Tyson's chicken strips baked in the oven and then tossed them in this sauce. Also, there are other sauces on there that are equally yummy.
Along with that we had a veggie platter with celery, cucumber, carrots, and green bell pepper and it made me feel more like we were eating healthy.

Tonight we are having mixed salad greens with flank steak topped with Raspberry Vinaigrette dressing...I am so hungry!

No comments:

Post a Comment