Thursday, November 10, 2011

Yawning

"The news just came in from the county of Keck that a very small bug by the name of Van Vleck is yawning so wide you can look down his neck. This may not seem important, I know. But it IS. So I'm bothering to tell you so." - Dr. Seuss

I'm tired. Can you tell? I made the crazy mistake of allowing myself to get on Billy's schedule. Which was great, until his schedule changed back to days and my body thinks it's still on nights. Boo. Little to no sleep and I end up just getting out of bed to keep from waking him with all my tossing and turning. Yawn.

Things have been a little hectic around here and Thanksgiving is quickly approaching with Christmas SOON to follow.
Our chapel is having a Christmas program and since I am one of the new Sunday school teachers, I get to help the little kids with their part. They are reciting a verse and singing a song. I'm already nervous. They are QUITE a silly bunch.
Sunday School has been going well. We're working our way through the days of creation--I don't think I realized until now just how deep Genesis 1 can be. I'm learning a lot!

Mr. Husband, our friend (Mr. K), and I went kayaking yesterday. THAT was a lot of fun. It was very windy so it was a bit exhausting, but totally worth it! After going through a small canal we pulled our kayaks down to the beach and paddled out to a small island.

 Mr. K got there first
 Mr. Husband and I and a great view!
 Mr. Husband spent MOST of our time on the island trying to get a cool picture of these kite surfers up in the air...
 And I tried really hard for a long time to smile and wait for the perfect shot...
 Seriously...
 But, even the best models have weaknesses...when the moment came I was busy goofing off and ruined the picture. I still feel bad about it.
Every other time we've done something my scalp has gotten really burned. Ouchy! Now I wear a hat whenever we're going to be in the sun for a while.
 You can tell I really liked it. I wouldn't say it was bone breaking fun, but it was definitely worth the strong winds and the sore arms!
I've got more pictures and more to talk about...but that'll have to wait for next time...

Until then...
 I remain, faithfully,
The Forecaster's Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment