Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Procrastination Post + Semester Long Project

Whew! I am smack dab in the middle of finals, yet, finding myself with low motivation levels. I have two classes down and two to go and I must admit I'm losing my steam. So, in an effort to give myself a "fun break" to allow my creative juices to again begin to flow I am writing a post.
I need to post about all the things that have gone on this semester (did you know Mr. Husband's parents came to visit and we had a glorious time?) but I also need to go through and find pictures of all of those things.
So, I'll post about this:
One of my classes this semester involved being a mentor at a local elementary school. The student that I was mentoring, a 3rd grade girl, and I were tasked with completing a "project" over the course of the semester. After spending a few weeks getting to know her I realized she had a real love of fashion and, while I am surely not a very fashionable girl, I decided we should do a sewing project.
I was really impressed with the way our project turned out. I guided her through all the steps and helped with the difficult parts, but she told me the pattern she wanted (and I bought the closest thing that I could find) and she did most of the sewing. Plus, we both had fun with it...which was the most important part.
Here are some pictures of the process and the finished product...

Measuring & Marking


Pinning 
Sewing
Attaching the bows

Finished Product:)

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Jess. Not at all on your level of sewing but we had fun:)

      Delete
  2. Very nice. I completely understand the finals week funk... Get it every time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's rough, aint it? I'll be done Friday and I am SO looking forward to a summer break!

      Delete